ISTANBUL | CAPPADOCIA | KONYA | PAMUKKALE | KUSADASI | EPHESUS | PERGAMUM | CANAKKALE
Bridging the West with the East, Turkey has been a centre for merchants, travellers, and empires from the very beginning of civilization. On this escorted tour, visit the beautiful mosques of Konya, the famed ruins of Ephesus and the battle grounds of the Trojan War. Experience the famous Grand Bazaar, the largest and oldest covered market in the world and so much more.
- Topkapi Palace and St. Sophia’s Basilica
- Visit the Grand Bazaar, the largest and oldest covered market
- Ancient city of Ephesus
- Total 9 nights accommodation at 4-Star hotels
- 3 nights in Istanbul
- 2 nights each in Cappadocia and Kusadasi
- 1 nights each in Pamukkale and Canakkale
- English-speaking escort while touring
- Transfers and tours as per the itinerary
- Continental breakfast daily and other meals as indicated
- Hotel taxes and service charges
Optional Add-Ons Tours
- Belly dancing performance in Istanbul
- Hot-air balloon ride in Cappadocia
- Whirling Dervishes performance
International airfare not included. Minimum 2 passengers travelling together.
* Friday departures only. Some tour schedules vary based on seasonality. Not valid during special events, festivals or congresses. Blackout periods may apply. Pricing for other dates available upon request.
Rates are subject to availability at time of booking.
Tour Code: EU2515
Day 1 – Thursday
|ISTANBUL Welcome to Istanbul, the unique transcontinental city that straddles the Bosphorus, one of the world’s busiest waterways. Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel for check-in and welcome briefing.
Day 2 – FridayBreakfast
ISTANBUL Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Today, you will visit the city walls of Constantinople and Topkapi Palace, the ancient residence of Ottoman Sultans. Visit the Hagia Sophia Museum and the stunning Blue Mosque with its beautiful Iznik tiles. After seeing the hippodrome, end your day with a visit to the famous Grand Bazaar. Return to the hotel; enjoy dinner on your own.
Day 3 – SaturdayBreakfast
ISTANBUL – CAPPADOCIA After breakfast, transfer to the airport to board a short flight to Cappadocia, best known for its moon- like landscape, underground cities, cave churches and houses carved out of the rock. Upon arrival, transfer and check into your unique hotel.
Day 4 – SundayBreakfast
CAPPADOCIA An optional early morning hot-air balloon ride is available to float through volcanic valleys, fairy chimneys and caves with the sunrise, weather pending (not included). Today, you will explore the lunar landscape of Cappadocia visiting the Pasabag (Monk’s) valley and Avanos including a visit to a regional pottery workshop. See the unique Goreme open-air museum and finish your day with a visit to the Kaymakli or Ozkonak Underground City and Pigeon Valley including a stop at a village home. Dinner and overnight.
Day 5 – MondayBreakfast / Dinner
CAPPADOCIA – KONYA & PAMUKKALE Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Drive to Konya, the former capital of the Selcuk Empire. En route, visit the Caravanserai at Sultanhani, which in the 13th-Century was used as the place of rest for traders along the Silk Road. Upon arrival in Konya, visit the Mevlana Museum, the original lodge of the Whirling Dervishes. Then drive to Pamukkale, Turkish for cotton castle, with white lime cascades formed by mineral springs. Enjoy the hot springs at your hotel. Dinner and overnight.
Day 6 – TuesdayBreakfast / Dinner
PAMUKKALE – KUDADASI After breakfast at the hotel, begin to explore the ancient city of Hierapolis, also the site of the largest necropolis in Anatolia. Enjoy walking on the hot spring waters on the snow-white terraced ponds; see a village street market, then continue on to Kusadasi for dinner and overnight.
Day 7 – WednesdayBreakfast / Dinner
EPHESUS Enjoy breakfast at the hotel. Visit the ancient city of Ephesus, perhaps the greatest of all sites in Asia Minor. Your tour includes the Library, Marble Street and the Great Theatre with 24,000 seats. Visit the House of St. Mary and the Greek village of Sirince. Dinner and overnight in Kusadasi.
Day 8 – ThursdayBreakfast / Dinner
KUSADASI – PERGAMUM – CANAKKALE After breakfast, drive to Bergama, which was once ancient Pergamum, to visit the Asclepion. On the way to Canakkale, stop at an old olive oil factory and museum. Continue on to the ancient city of Troy, famous for the Trojan Horse and where the legendary Trojan War took place. Overnight in Canakkale.
Day 9 – FridayBreakfast / Dinner
CANAKKALE – ISTANBUL After breakfast, cross the famous Dardanelles by ferry. Visit the World War I memorials at Gallipoli. See Anzac Cove and Lone Pine Cemetery, then continue to Istanbul.
Day 10 - SaturdayBreakfast
ISTANBUL After breakfast, transfer to the airport to board your home-bound flight.
General Information & Maps
- International or domestic airfare; airport or departure taxes
- Gratuities to guides and drivers
- Items of a personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Reciprocity and/or local taxes if applicable
- Visas required for entry into the country as necessary. Please discuss this with your travel agent to determine your requirements prior to departure.